Monday, December 20, 2010

The Best Gift.

Maligayang Pasko sa inyong lahat!
'Di ko makapaniwala na Christmas time ngayon! It really doesn't seem like I've been away from home for almost six months.

Anyway, this past week hasn't been very eventful and I forgot my camera so I won't be able to send pictures either. I've been pretty sick so we've been spending a lot of time in the house together studying, cleaning, and well... playing games (what else can you do?). It's been good though. I think the only person that takes care of me better than Elder Tengelsen is mom. He is seriously probably going to end up being my favorite companion.

Last week we went to the palengke for the first time which was crazy! It's an open fish market and I've walked past them but never been through one. The fish are literally still alive... as in still jumping and flipping around on the table. It's so much fun. You go in and barter for all your groceries and get such good deals than in the super market. I recorded a video for you to see too!

Elder Tengelsen, as I mentioned before, is from Montana and is currently in his very last transfer of his mission. He's pretty much a typical person who you would expect from a state like that. What I like the most about Elder Tengelsen is his capability to love people. He loves everyone and finds the best in every situation. Every time he talks about someone it's how much he loves them. He never speaks ill of anybody. He's really, really energetic. When 6:30am hits, he shoots out of bed and screams good morning to everyone! You'll get to see him this week so I'm pretty excited for you to meet him. He also is one of the most sincere people I've ever met in my life. He's really good at Tagalog and is really smart. I've been learning more from him about how to be a good missionary than I have from any other companion. He's truly an amazing, amazing person.

This past week we got to sing for both of our wards for a special Christmas musical number. Elder Tengelsen was in choir and has a great voice and we do a really good job blending.Whenever we sing together he always smiles really big and puts his arm around my shoulder. So many people made a comment about that small act. The members said how much of a difference it makes when they see that we love and care one another and how much it makes them want to do the same. Sister Carroll, our Sunday school teacher said she was really touched so see our love for one another. She said just seeing us and imagining how much people will love one another in heaven gave her so much comfort and hope. It's really true, love is the greatest gift anyone can give.

As for now, I'm finally better so we'll get out to do a little work this week. Christmas will be different but I'm really excited to see how they celebrate here. Lots of kareoke I presume. Anyway, hope all is well back home. Miss you all and love you lots! Merry Christmas!

Love,
Elder Corpuz