Monday, July 26, 2010

Tao Po!

Mom, Dad, & Jason,
(Knock, knock) Tao po! Ayos! Bakit hindi nagsulat kayo sa akin sa dearelder.com? Naghintay ako! Pero, okay lang.

Tagalog joke for the week:
"Oh kamusta na Elder Frost?" (my companion)
"May sakit siya" (me)
"Sakit? Hey, you just need to be a man and 'sak-it' up!" (Elder Kinikini aka Elder Kilikili)

This week went by really fast. The first few days were really long but after we got our schedule going, time really started to pick up. Everyday is just go, go, go from 6:30am to 10:30pm, even to the point where everyone's rushing to brush their teeth at 10:28pm to get in bed. It's starting to grow on me though and although it's had work, I'm loving every minute of it.

Being district leader has been really good for me. It helps me stay focused and less homesick because I have to worry about everyone else before myself. Class is going great. I find out today if they're going to put me up to the advanced class because I'm learning Tagalog so much faster than everyone else, but they don't know if it's going to work out with transfers so we'll see. I'll be happy where ever I go because I know that that is where the Lord will have me be.

We had our first "teaching appointment" last week which is where you get evaluated for everything you've learned that week. The task was to contact three people in 15 minutes speaking only Tagalog and then teach the first lesson for 35. A lot of people in the district had a hard time with it but my companion and I breezed through. I let him do most of the talking in Tagalog since he could use the practice and I just chimed in whenever he got stuck. Our lesson went amazing too; I don't think it could have gone any better. Our teachers were really proud of us and the work that we did.

Today we got up an hour earlier and made a trip to the temple which was awesome. It was a great way to start the week. Elder Frost and I then went to go get my pants hemmed because I think I shrunk coming up here, and then we did our laundry... I've never had to wash so many whites in my life.
Anyway, I hope all is well at home, I miss you guys a lot. Here's my address if you guys want to write me!

Elder Eric Ray Corpuz
MTC Mailbox #129
PHI-QUE 0916
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604

I'll try to remember more stuff to write next week! Love you and miss you guys lots!

Love,
Eric